10.13.2013

Empyrean Sea

Empyrean Sea
14x11
encaustic mixed media, cheese cloth and puka beads
 Well I haven't posted two days in a row since I started this blog!
With the long weekend I've indulged in some extra time in the studio that I have missed so much recently. I finished another piece today and thought I'd post it along with photos of the plane ride that I was thinking of when I was making this. Instead of a helicopter tour we opted for a plane tour when we visited Kauai. Many people don't realize that the center of the island has a huge canyon with intensely red dirt complemented with lush green fauna. Aside from feeling totally nauseous by the end of the ride, it was well worth it for the gorgeous photos of the island.
Empyrean Sea detail
Coast of Kauai

Waimea Canyon




2 comments:

  1. Lovely work of art but I am not sure how I would feel after that sky ride too!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!
    congratulations on entering the show, the sale and the new website!!
    beautiful work

    ReplyDelete