3.24.2012

New Work


Into
5x5
encaustic mixed media


Well, I've been mulling over whether or not this one was finished. I've had it in my kitchen giving it the "kitchen test" for a couple of weeks now and I'm finally ready to say that it's done.
It has been hard to get into the studio to work because I have been so busy but also because the weather has been summer like for the past two weeks. Everything here is in bloom a month early as you can see by my forsythia! Everyone has been enjoying the outdoors and caught off guard by how early in the season the warm weather came. We had record breaking high temperatures everyday for almost 10 days straight. What we did to deserve this mild winter and early summer I don't know, but it makes me nervous to think about what the summer months will look like!
I am officially on spring break this week. Aside from the usual spring cleaning stuff I am going to start researching the things we are going to do on our trip to Europe this summer. I am starting to get really excited about it! If anyone has any non touristy suggestions for London, Paris, Florence or Rome let me know!
Au revoir!

3 comments:

  1. Love your work and the flowers! I hope you have a great time in Europe!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you: going to Europe.
    what's wrong with doing touristy things? there's so many of them to choose from
    what every you do I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we are definitely doing the touristy things. Those are pretty easy to plan for. Like visiting the Louvre, Eiffel tower, Vatican City, Uffizi gallery etc. I was just wondering if there was any place in someone's travels they happened upon that was off the beaten path. If we have time to fit it all in of course!

      Delete