10.10.2011

Fall fun

 Yesterday we took our annual trip to the pumpkin farm. Being Columbus day weekend it was packed but still so much fun! I love the fact that my kids still want to go. I thought for sure I'd get the eye roll with the "do I have to go?"
 The weather has been especially nice this past week and the fall colors are spectacular this year. It was impossible not to get postcard perfect photographs at the farm.



 So after we got home I just kept taking pictures! I actually filled up the memory card in my camera, emptied it, and went back out to take more photos.
 The color of the sunlight truly has been golden. All of the trees surrounding my neighborhood are at their peak right now and my photos just don't do it justice. The photo above is the view I can see right now from my kitchen window as I type and the picture just cannot capture the atmosphere right. At least not by my cheapo camera!
 It's almost time to bring in the jade plant, sporting its red tinged leaves.

 My oregano and plumbago are turning beautiful shades of red and purple.
 I saw this adorable little frog in the plumbago as I was photographing it! He was fast so I am glad I was able to get this one decent picture of him.
And to top it off this incredible 3D hot air balloon floated right over our house! All of the kids were outside yelling and waving up to the people in the basket. I've never seen a balloon like this before! What a perfect afternoon!

4 comments:

  1. What a great day you had! I loved the balloon and the little frog!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! The balloon is gorgeous! What a great shot!
    Oh, I almost missed that tiny frog! Fall is glorious, I quite agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dazzled and happily wallowing in all the autumn splendor here, Laura, and especially over that farmyard balloon--wow! :o) I've not been up in a hot air balloon before--have it on my life list, which is sometimes as I'm a bit spooked by heights...LOL... Happy Days ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that little frog! I'm so glad you mentioned him or I never would have seen him, he blends in so well! I love autumn too, something about all those beautiful leaves makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete