6.15.2011

New work


Rama Is In The Details
encaustic collage
5x7

 Here's my latest encaustic work. I tried experimenting with image transfers using magazines this time and it worked beautifully. The diamond shapes on the upper right and the square on the lower left are magazine transfers. I also imbedded a page from an old drawing book and a burned piece of paper. I've been wanting to use this page from the drawing book for a while now but it turns out that this is my least favorite area of the entire painting. I'm not sure why though. Maybe because it stands out too much, I didn't "do" anything over that area so as not to cover up the image but it doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the painting now.
 These raised dots are probably my favorite though! I love the texture they create. And I tried to add more of a relief, impasto look in the swatch of white to create more interest.
This is a close up of the magazine transfers. I still can't believe how great the details transfer. You can see the dots from the printing process even.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful (and fascinating!) piece this is! I love your commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are learning so much! so fast; like those robins
    (word verification: wingen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant as always! I love how much detail and depth you have in these works. I also have a serious love of mathematical looking diagrams so love that bit too!

    ReplyDelete