6.20.2011

Firsts

A couple of posts ago I mentioned that I had something fun to announce. So here it is!
I actually entered my work into a gallery show. I found out about it from a friend through facebook, of all things, and thought I'd give it a shot. I have never ever even attempted to enter my work into a gallery before. Mostly because I only made functional pottery and comissioned portraits. Plus I have no idea how to submit art to a gallery. Lucky for me Starline Gallery in the small town of Harvard had open submissions for their 4th Fridays in June. I submitted five pieces and two of them made it! I think it's a little ironic that the two that made it in were the two I made at the last workshop I attended with Bridgette.
I really have no idea what to expect next friday but I get weird little butterflies in my stomach when I think about it. It should be fun and my hubby and a few of my friends are going too. I am looking forward to it!
*******
This week I am also hosting the first of three art workshops I am offering this summer to kids around the neighborhood. I plan on doing art projects with them by setting up a space in my basement for about ten kids. I have three different dates with three different projects planned. Hopefully it will all run smoothly. This is a first for me too!

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you! The art camp at your house sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!
    I am sooooo going to try to make it to the show.
    Are you going to be there?
    Congrats!
    I'm excited for you.
    Good job!

    love the idea of the art classes
    cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIG CONGRATS--very exciting! I wish I could come along for those kids art workshops--sounds like great fun! ;o) Happy Summer Days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I am so excited for you! Well done! I can't believe you haven't approached a gallery before, your work is amazing. I'm loving the sound of the children's workshops too. Can't wait to hear all about it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's great: all around
    very exciting to be accepted and to participate in show.
    here's to the first in a long line of them

    ReplyDelete